Spicy Cucumber Kimchi
Spicy Cucumber Mix, a great Summertime dish
- 3 medium-size cucumbers, (pickling or English cumbers are the best choice)
- 1 tsp. salt, preferably coarse sea salt
- 2 Tbl chili pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic (or 2 tsp. minced)
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1⁄2 cup julienned carrot
- 1 Tbl. sugar
- 1 Tbl. sesame seed
- Wash cucumbers and cut into quarters lengthwise, about 3” pieces (do not peel).
- Sprinkle the salt over the cucumber and let sit for 5-10 mins.
- Drain off any liquid that has accumulated.
- Add the chili pepper, garlic, scallions, carrot and sugar. Mixed together.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.
Makes approx. 2-3 servings