Cucumber Cold Noodle Soup Broth
A Tangy Broth for Summertime Cold Noodle Soup
(All measurements are approximate, and can be varied according to taste.)
- Julienned (or thinly-sliced) cucumber, about 1c.
- Julienned Carrot, about ¼ cup
- 1 medium scallion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ½ Tbs. sugar
- 1 Tbs. chili pepper, coarse ground (optional)
- 2 cups cold water
- Roasted sesame seed
- Mix ingredients together and then add the water and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Add ice cubes or refrigerate to chill further.
- Enjoy as is or serve over cold thin noodles such as somen, mak guksu, rice, soba, or a thin pasta noodle.
- (For a mild broth, omit the chili pepper.)
Makes approx. 2 small or 1 large serving.