Korean Radish Soup
- 6 cups of water
- 2 Tbl. Beef Dashida(a beef-flavored soup base)
- 1 medium Lobak or Daikon radish
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2-3 scallions, sliced thin,cut about 2” long
- pinch of salt
- Peel one medium radish. Slice into thin strips (‘julienned’, approximately 1⁄4” thick) into a large soup pot. (Use of a vegetable cutter is recommended.)
- Sauté lightly with about 2 tbls. vegetable oil, adding the beef dashida and a pinch of salt.
- Add the water, garlic, black pepper and scallions and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the radish slices are translucent.
- Serve with rice on the side to be added to the soup.
- Add Yang-Yum-Gang-Jang sauce to taste.
Makes approx. 3-4 large servings.