Soybean Sprout Soup
- 2 packages fresh soybean sprouts,washed and drained
- 2 cloves (1½tsp) finely chopped garlic
- 2-3 Tbl. Beef Dashida, (a beef flavored soup base)
- 2 or more scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbl. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbl. sea salt or plain salt
- Sauté soybean sprouts in vegetable oil for a few minutes.
- Add water until the sprouts are almost covered. Add the Beef Dashida and salt.
- Bring to a boil, adding the scallions, chopped garlic and black pepper.
- Add a pinch of Miwon (MSG), if desired.
- Serve with rice on the side to be added to the soup.
- Add Yang-Yum-Gang-Jong sauce to taste.
Makes approx. 3-4 large servings.